Principal aims of EduDM:
1. To create entertaining dance songs
2. To impart valuable knowledgeSongs have been used as a medium for imparting knowledge for centuries. Though inferior in many respects to more traditional forms of learning, they remain especially potent for delivering small pieces of important information – especially the kind that needs to be memorised. This is because most songs contain loops. Usually, melodies constitute such loops; but for many songs with vocals, even lyrics loop. Looped lyrics assail the listener's mind and 'drill the information into one's head', so to speak.
An added advantage songs enjoy, particularly those with catchy melodies, is their tendency to become 'stuck in one's head'. This likewise facilitates the learning process. Teaching through house music is especially attractive because house typically involves more repeated loops than other musical genres. This is what makes house easy to dance to.
EduDM songs must satisfy the conditions listed below:
1. The song qualifies as dance music
2. The knowledge imparted is valuable
3. The knowledge is 100% factually correct based on authoritative sources such as recognised academic journals
4. The knowledge imparted is not revisable within the foreseeable future
5. The song features no vulgar content (e.g. vulgar songs about sex and drugs cannot qualify as EduDM)
Click here for the definition of EduDM on Urban Dictionary.