Saturday, 8 March 2014
Educational Electronic Music (EEM) or Educational Electronica (EE) is a genre of music defined by DJ Kronotrope. This is essentially electronic music that doubles up as an educational tool by imparting valuable knowledge to specialist groups and/or the general public through song.
Principal aims of EEM:
1. To create entertaining house songs
2. To impart valuable knowledge
Songs have been used as a medium for imparting knowledge for centuries. Though inferior in many respects to more traditional forms of learning, they remain especially potent for delivering small pieces of important information – especially the kind that needs to be memorised. This is because most songs contain loops. Usually, melodies constitute such loops; but for many songs with vocals, even lyrics loop. Looped lyrics assail the listener's mind and 'drill the information into one's head', so to speak.
EEM songs must satisfy the conditions listed below:
1. The song qualifies as electronic music
2. The knowledge imparted is valuable
3. The knowledge is 100% factually correct based on authoritative sources such as recognised academic journals
4. The knowledge imparted is not revisable within the foreseeable future
5. The song features no adult content (e.g. songs about sex and drugs cannot qualify as edu house)